Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Road to Miami" - Liz's Graduation Quilt

My niece Liz just graduated from Lehigh University and is now studying at University of Miami for her DPT (Doctor in Physical Therapy). When she graduated from high school I knit her an afghan instead of making a quilt ... so I decided to make her a quilt for her college graduation.

Because she was moving to Miami the quilt had to reflect the tropical colors there, so I selected bright batiks and used the pattern "Yellow Brick Road" by Atkinson Designs ... hence the quilt's name "Road to Miami." I machine quilted this myself, using a large pumpkin seed design with the curving lines flowing diagonally across the quilt. The borders are quilted with a cable pattern.



Congratulations Liz ... and lots of good wishes for successful studies at U. of Miami!!

2 comments:

The Mad Knitter said...

Wow, this is a beauty. Love the colors.

pat said...

Bright beautiful quilt - lucky niece! I also love the little photo star quilt below - adorable!