Saturday, September 12, 2009

Knitting in Anchorage

During the early morning hours when everyone was asleep and I was wide awake still on east coast time, during Caroline's nap times, and in the evenings when Caroline had gone to bed I fit in some knitting time.

For Caroline I knit a cardigan in Sirdar Baby Bamboo, a sweater which should fit her this winter. I finished the cardigan on our last day there, so I left it drying on the towel!
For myself I knit a pair of sock in the Lichen Rib pattern by Nancy Bush, using Fortissima Socka, a cotton and wool blended yarn. And for the Anchorage Stork Project I knit two sweater and hat sets of Lion Brand worsted weight acrylic. (The first sweater was knit on the trip from Virginia to Anchorage which included an unexpected four hour airport layover.)



If you ever have the opportunity to travel to Anchorage do not miss going to one of the best yarn shops I have ever visited - Far North Yarn Co. The ladies there are the nicest and most helpful, and they love to have visitors come sit and knit for a while. The shop is my "home away from home" when I'm in Anchorage.




3 comments:

Pat said...

WOW that was a fruitful knitting trip as well as what looks like a wonderful time visiting! Caroline is adorable and will be one of the best dressed babes in Anchorage with all those beautiful knits!

Unknown said...

Again, nice work. Can you telll me the pattern name for the cardigan for Anchorage program?

Becky said...

She is adorable, isn't she? I get lots of compliments every single time she wears one of Grandma's sweaters. Everyone loves them.