Sunday, August 02, 2009

Summer Knitting Challenge July Update

Here's what I have knit so far this summer using the yarn my friend Sharon gave me in 2007. The socks will go to Children-in-Common to be sent to an orphanage somewhere in eastern Europe. The hats and mittens will be sent to Hand of Help and go to an orphanage in Romania I believe. The yarns I used include Tahki Designer Homespun Tweed, Rowan Cork, Tivoli Killoween Chunky, Jaeger Dublin, and unlabeled red and brown worsted tweeds. These projects were fun and quick.
In late June I went on a rampage of knitting toddler socks for the CIC sock challenge and knit these six pair of socks by June 25th.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Julia. You made the yarn look much better than I could. You need a knitting break. Off to Alaska for you and visit the little one...

Anonymous said...

Dear Julia,
It's Denise. I looked through your blog and am flabbergasted by how much your granddaughter looks like your son-in-law! She is such a little doll. I will have to show my neighbor your blog. She recently started quilting and I think she would enjoy your quilting posts. I must say, there is nothing more charming than hand knitted children's hats, mittens, socks and sweaters. Thanks for sharing your work online, it is very generous of you. It was great seeing you and Denny, Denise