Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Earthy Socks and Broken Needles


Earthy socks are finished. The pattern is Lichen Ribbed Socks from "Knitting Vintage Socks" by Nancy Bush. The yarn is a Regia 4-ply designed by Kaffe Fassett, and the colors look to me like the land forms on earth look from space, hence the name.
Most of the knitting was done on a circular needle using the Magic Loop method, my favorite. But when doing the toes I switched to dpns because of the stitch count for the star toe. My 2.25mm Brittany dpns must have dried out since three of the five needles snapped while completing the toes, and I did have to finish using the circular needle.
Monday and Tuesday I had to attend a tax refresher course to maintain my CPA license, even though I am "retired" at this point in time. So I had lots of good knitting time - completed these socks, started another pair, and finished the back panel of the Klaralund sweater.

No comments: