Saturday, December 29, 2007

Children in Common socks

This December I knit five pair of small children sized socks for the Children in Common group that sends wooly socks to orphanages in Russia and eastern Europe. Four pair were knit in honor of my two sisters Nancy and Peggy and I sent them cards and photos in their Christmas boxes (this year was the year we selected gifts for each other that begin with the letter C and the "C" connection for the socks was that they went to a Charity named Children in Common). Then while my Dad was visiting I made the green pair from bamboo wool left over from the tea cozy I made for daughter Kate. I mailed the socks to the collector on Thursday and hope, in their small way, the socks will keep some little toesies warm this winter. These socks knit up so quickly and are a great way to use up leftover wool yarn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The CIC socks look great and the tea cozy is really cool!

Congratulations on the new blog. Glad you are here.
Beth