Saturday, November 28, 2009

2009 Knitting Goals

At the beginning of 2009 I set three knitting goals for myself ... that I would knit 100 skeins, 10 kilograms, and 10 miles of yarn.

On Wednesday, November 25th I reached two of the three goals!  With three projects off the needles during that day I completed knitting 110 skeins of yarn which equal 10.53 miles (18,550 yards)!! 

The third goal will be hard to reach - I'm 1600 grams short of the ten kilogram goal.  It is probably unrealistic to expect to knit that much in the remaining 34 days of the year, especially since the projects I hope to complete by December 31st use fingering and DK weight yarns.

I will admit that the yarn inventory has not shrunk by the 110 skeins since I have bought some yarn during this year, and have been given some yarn for "charity" knitting, but the stash has shrunk some, I think.

Photos of my latest completed projects will be in my next post.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That's a lot of yarn!!! Good for you.

Becky said...

And where are the pictures?