Sunday, April 26, 2009

Catching Up - Part 3 - Knitting for Caroline

Our grand-daughter, Caroline Anne Floyd, was born October 3, 2008 in Anchorage, Alaska. Once I found out Rebecca and Jason were expecting I spent most of last year knitting little sweaters and hats to keep the little one warm during the long Alaskan winter.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, are photos of Caroline in the various sweaters and hats. The photos are in order by her age, not necessarily the order in which I made the items. For those of you on Ravelry you can find pattern and yarn details there (I'm fairfaxknitter there as well).
(Note - the crocheted blanket behind Caroline is one that my grandma Lewis made for Rebecca in 1981 when Rebecca was born - the tradition continues!)

3 comments:

themadknitter said...

Great way to display your work! Wow, how quickly the babes grow.

Anonymous said...

The sweaters and hats are beautiful (oh! and so is the family!) beth

Rebecca said...

Just precious! She is so sweet but so far away from you...sigh...I will be in the same boat someday. It must be very exciting to have a grandaughter to knit for and I'm sure woolens are well welcomed in Alaska!