Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank you Marie

Last month Marie B, a member of at least two of the Yahoo groups to which I belong, offered to send some vintage Brunswick Germantown worsted to knitters for community service knitting. I responded to Marie and she sent me three skeins of the most lovely "Winterberry" traditional 100% wool worsted. From those three skeins I created a "Toddler Center Cable Vest" and a "Quickie Baby Sweater" and a matching hat.



The toddler vest will go the the Children in Common group, and the baby sweater and hat have been mailed to the Anchorage Stork Project in Alaska.

Marie, thank you so much for sharing your stash with me. It was a real pleasure to knit with the vintage yarn and create these garments to keep little ones warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had a blog, it would say, "You are more than welcome, Julia"--I'll just have to piggyback onto your blog :-)

Thank you for sharing your time and talent for causes dear to both our hearts. The vest and sweater set turned out beautifully. You did good old Germantown proud.

Happy knitting always.

Hugs,
Marie

Becky said...

I love that you are sending stuff up here to Anchorage. I'm sure those families really appreciate the warm items. Plus I like that you're involved in things where I live! We'll have to go visit Providence next time you come up.

Love, Becky