Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sock Progress, and Stashbuster Progress

This month my sock knitting is not progressing as smoothly as I would like.


First I had to frog the Madder Ribbed Sock (from Knitting Vintage Socks) because it was just too tight on my size 7 1/2 wide foot. So I started over with 66 stitches instead of 60 and am happy with the leg fit and sure the foot fit will be better. By the way I'm using Tess' Designer Super Sock yarn and a 2.5mm circular needle. This is the sock knitting I take to knitting groups and in the car because, once established, the pattern is easy to follow. Also on my needles is the first Canal du Midi sock of a pair (from Knitting On The Road). The heel of the sock has been a struggle and I'm on the third try. The first two times I tried two versions of the Square Heel, per the pattern, Neither one fit my foot. Now I'm back to using the Round Heel which I know works for me. The lesson learned - keep good, permanent notes on socks knitted. I knit this pattern back in August 2006, and now recall trying the Square Heel , froggin it, and using the Round Heel. From now on I will not be hesitant to write in my books, and will keep a notebook as well of modifications of patterns used. No need to make the same mistake twice and waste valuable knitting time!

1 comment:

Nicole & Phil said...

gorgeous looking socks! You are making great progress!

I am doing my first cable socks...the Little Pumpkin ones you can find on Ravelry..they are a good introduction to using cable needles, without too much stress!

I am looking forward to seeing what the March april Nancy Bush sock will be! i have a few skeins of hand dyed wool, that needs to be knitted, to make room for some more stash!!

Cheers!
I love the tea cosy too..I might have to try something like that...just so I can see how it works, although, I have no idea what I would do with it..I don't drink tea! LOL